Here's what we did in class on Friday the 16th:
- Smith reminded us about the summary-response paper, due next Friday (the 23rd)
- The paper should be 1.5 to 2 pages maximum, double spaced
- The first paragraph is only a summary of The Importance of Being Earnest, the second paragraph comapres TIoBE to The Picture of Dorian Gray
- Bring an outline and thesis to class on Monday
- Rememeber to pick up a copy of Brave New World, and try to read it over break
- We continued to watch The Importance of Being Earnest.
- The two women in the movie, Gwendolen and Cecily, both love the name Earnest
- Jack and Algy revealed that neither one of them is in fact named Earnest
- Jack and Algy want to be christened Earnest by the priest
- Jack is revealed to be Lady Bracknell's son
- The marraiges of Jack and Gwendolen, and Algy and Cecily look like they could happen
That's all for now! Have a good weekend. Happy St. Patrick's Day!